Pedon Uganda Limited is a Ugandan social impact enterprise, providing a wide range of professional services in sustainable agriculture, environmental conservation and livelihoods.
Our overarching desire is to bridge the gap between researchers as knowledge producers and the smallholder farmers as end-users. We extend our services to remote, last mile areas. Our agricultural technologies enable smallholder farmers to leapfrog their current constraints and improve their yields, incomes, nutritional status, and climate resilience.
Our projects centre on Climate Smart Agriculture (CSA), Agriculture Land Use and Management, Natural Resources Management, Agroforestry, Livestock Production, and marketing linkages for smallholders.
To be a leading enterprise that champions the uptake of improved agricultural practices for increased productivity, thereby ensuring food and nutrition security, livelihoods strengthening and environmental conservation
To facilitate the agricultural transformation process in Uganda and beyond, through promotion of improved agricultural and environmental practices, and ensuring adoption of latest innovations by smallholders
- Integrity and Honesty
- Quality and Reliability
- Knowledge and Innovations
- Excellence in Service
- To promote the uptake of agricultural research by smallholders
- To promote improved agricultural initiatives for food and nutrition security
- To undertake capacity building initiatives for smallholders and agricultural practitioners
- To promote access to productive resources among smallholders, thereby contributing to higher productivity and elimination of poverty.
- To undertake advocacy at all levels and ensure that concerns of smallholders are appreciated